Chicago is a beautiful city, especially in summer! I highly recommend making it a point to take in the views from every angle next time you’re in town. It’s too pretty not to. Below is a compiled list of best views of the city from rooftop bars with amazing vantage points to boat cruises along the river and more.
Top 5 Rooftops With The Best Views
First of all, Chicago has some of the BEST rooftop experiences in the US, with amazing views of skyscrapers, the lake and parks. Below I include my top five rooftop bar recommendations with the best views. While there are plenty of rooftops, I included only my top five favorite:
- Cindy’s Rooftop, Downtown – Epic view of the famous Bean.
- The Robey, Wicker Park/Bucktown – With not one, but TWO rooftops.
- LondonHouse, Downtown – Minus the view of Trump tower, the river view is great.
- The Ace Hotel, West Loop – Cool vantage point of the city from the west.
- Hotel Lincoln, Lincoln Park – Nice views of the park and some lake.
Best Views From the Chicago River & Lake Michigan
Some of the best views of Chicago are from the river and Lake Michigan. Skyscrapers can be seen up close and personal and will offer a new vantage point for visitors.
- Wendella Boats architecture boat ride – In my opinion, this is the #1 thing to do in Chicago (well, besides eating of course)! The tours are 75 minutes and include informative guides that walk you through Chicago’s history and architecture. I’ve been on it 3x and would go on it again!
- Rent Your Own Boat/Yacht – Run a quick Google search on renting a boat in Chicago and you’ll see numerous options of boat rentals up and down the harbors along the lake. You can charter your own and plan an adventure with friends.
- Rent A Kayak/Canoe – There are also a ton of kayak and canoe rental companies up and down the river. I’ve never actually gone on one, so it’s still on my list but looks like a blast!
Best Views By Air
Last but not least, I recommend checking out Chicago Helicopter tours! If you’ve never taken a helicopter ride before, they offer affordable flights and the views are simply unbelievable. Make sure to check the weather before scheduling. For more pictures and to learn more about helicopter rides in Chicago, check out my blog feature on the Chicago Helicopter Experience.