No time to waste, you need some coffee and you need it now! But you also have some time to kill and wanna chill a lil. I get it. Below are my Top 5 Favorite Coffee Shops on Oahu all around the island:
- Morning Brew in Kailua – This “funky, bohemian-style coffeehouse” is located in the same strip mall as Lanikai Juice (yum) and in the popular town of Kailua. Morning Brew is an awesome coffee shop that I highly recommend to anyone that has a morning or afternoon in Kailua. Strong wifi, breakfast and lunch options, and all the coffee, tea and espresso you dream of. There are multiple areas to sit (upstairs, downstairs, and a few tables outside), so bring a few friends or come alone. I ordered the “Funky Monkey” (a chocolate + banana latte), which is technically discontinued on their menu but you can still order it. I also got the Belgian style waffles with seasonal fruit. Need I say more?
- Island Brew Coffeehouse in Hawaii Kai – Located right on the water, this coffee shop has everything you could want and more. The perfect place to head if you’re also planning a trip to Hanauma Bay or Koko Head. It offers a nice view, strong wifi, breakfast & lunch options, and flows inside to outside with shaded areas or tables located right down by the water. It’s on the cozy side, not as large as other spots but I’ve never had an issue finding a spot to sit. This is always a go to shop for me since I live in the area and it never disappoints!
- Island Vintage Coffee in North Shore – There are multiple locations around the island but I like the North Shore one the most (less crowded and laid back). If you’re only staying in Waikiki though, I still recommend a visit so you can enjoy the wonders of the Hawaiian Honey Latte and acai bowl. To die for!
- Hawaiian Island Café in Waimanalo – Located near one of my favorite beaches on the island (Waimanalo Beach), this cafe has high Yelp ratings due to delicious food options. It feels more like a restaurant but you can also easily set up and have an afternoon coffee here too. The staff are INCREDIBLY friendly and if you have any questions about the surrounding area they are more than happy to help guide you. My friend and I had breakfast here before walking around the corner for a day at the beach. As you can tell by now I like a good waffle and they make a mean one 🙂
- Coffee Talk in Kaimuki – First of all, I like this area, it’s super relax and locals hang here. They say Kaimuki is a hipster area of Honolulu. This shop is the perfect stop between some shopping and other good eats. It’s right by Lily Lotus where you can find cute yoga clothes and also a block from Otto Cake which offers a variety of yummy cheesecakes. OK, enough about what’s nearby, let’s talk coffee, or I mean talk about Coffee Talk! I’ve set up here a few times now to work and there are plenty of spots to sit. I’ve enjoyed the Turkey & Avo sandwich and House Salad, both good lunches. Great vibes with a variety of people meeting up to study, work or catch up. If you go here, be sure to check out the surrounding area too. No photos unfortunately (I was too busy inhaling the turkey sando), but check out their website and Yelp page.
There you have it! Hope this helps you decide where you can enjoy some coffee and chill time on the island whether it’s raining or you need some time to plan adventures. What are your favorite coffee shops in Honolulu and around Oahu? Please share in comments. Mahalo!